Work With Us
Volunteering and General Inquiries: Please contact email@example.com
Internships: We are recruiting a social media intern for 2017! Please see brief below and return send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Social Media Intern
Our social media intern will work closely with the Director to devise a social media strategy, and work independently to implement the strategy and expand Music for Liberia’s online presence. The intern will need to post and interact thoughtfully and creatively over a range of digital platforms, and help create and foster relationships that will expand Music for Liberia’s network. The intern will be increasingly responsible for creating digital content to help promote the charity’s events and ongoing projects.
The internship will last between 6-8 months, with a recommended schedule of 5 hours a week. Throughout the internship, we will work together to ensure that both your learning goals and the social media goals of the charity are fulfilled.
You will learn how to:
- Project manage social media campaigns and promote specific goals of a small charitable organisation
- Monitor and contribute to a variety of blogs, forums and social networks
- Create and share compelling online content
- Track social media analytics using HootSuite and other software
- Create digital content for our website and quarterly newsletters, working within WordPress, MailChimp and other platforms
What we require
- A passion forand creative approach to social media and digital platforms
- A strong interest in the not for profit sector, especially in the arts, development or education
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- An ability to work independently